Saturday, May 28, 2011

She lives on disillusion road. . .






When do you know it is the time-the ‘right’ time to let go of all your secrets?
When do you know it is the ‘right’ time to let someone in?
When do you know it is the ‘right’ time to tell someone you love them?
When do you know it is the ‘right’ time to begin?

How do you know what life holds for you before you start living?
How do you know that your time won’t be flying away?
How can you know what tomorrow will promise to bring?
How do you know what your fate will say?

We don’t know the answers,
We don’t know the questions,
All we know is we seek different things,
In our own quests we move,
Following something we can’t explain,
And yet we all can tell,
We’re headed somewhere, oh yes. . .

But what if you don’t know where you’re headed?
What if tomorrow’s promises seem bleak?
What if you find it hard to trust?
What if you find your confidence hard to keep?
Will you turn back or will you fight what you face?
Will you give up or look for your place?
Will I give up or find myself?

6 comments:

  1. Umm. I really can't tell you how much I relate to the essence the poem carries with it.

    Apparently, over time I realized that the answer for all these questions is, you do not know! :)

    Posted a really small writeup on this. ( http://anarchicsaurabh.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/a-random-thought/ ) . I might have a completely different reason for writing this down, but somewhere I really think it does connect.

    Let this confusion sink in. It's sometimes really good to stay hungry! Always there for any help.
    Gupta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, someone has matured into a writer of amazing substance. I love this post of yours. Very well written, and the topic- the uncertainty, the haziness, the skepticism- its something that will definitely form the center of one of our long discussions the next time we meet. Which is happening really soon. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much,your positive feedback means a lot! :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Saurabh !

    the answer really is "You don't know" !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you WILL not give up and will definitely FIND yourself my darling. This confusion is a beautiful part of growing up. Very well written Nikita. Way to go.....pleas write more often babe.

    ReplyDelete